The Dimensional Scream allows individuals that have interacted with the Time Gears to look at unspecified times in the past or future via a vision.
Touching an item can potentially trigger a faint dizziness in the user, but this can also happen pseudo-randomly. Then time in the user's perspective seems to freeze in place before everything goes black, as if the user had fainted. A bright flash of light then appears in the user's sight before the events of the past or future occurs before the user in a sort of third-person view. Once the vision ends, another bright flash of light appears, and the user is put back into reality.
It doesn't matter whether the user is a Pokémon or human, or anything else for that matter. As long as the user has interacted with the Time Gears in some way, (s)he can use the Dimensional Scream.
- In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Beyond the Shadows,
- John the Charmander could use the Dimensional Scream before he was erased from existence.
- Rei the Shinx could use the Dimensional Scream after Wigglytuff's Guild's expedition to Fogbound Lake.
- Dusknoir could use the Dimensional Scream.
- Grovyle could use the Dimensional Scream before he was erased from existence.